Fine dining, right here at home.
They say it’s not about the meal, but the people you share it with. And here, you’ll find the best of everything. Enjoy the company, raise a glass, and indulge in seasonal local produce, fresh meats and seafood. Our celebrated chef offers a delicious menu—from filets to fettuccine, short ribs to sandwiches—brought to you daily by our culinary team. Cuisines from across the globe mean there’s always something new, and the Vista Variety menus and healthy selections feature even more options. The dining room opens onto beautiful views of inviting open space and mature trees, ensuring that the exceptional service comes with an exceptional view.
Enjoy delicious fare every day, whether in the dining room, tray service at home, or packed up to go.
- Fine dining with full, sit-down table service
- Meal options available 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Dining supervisor and manager onsite
- Soup and salad buffet
- Seasonal favorites
- Healthy dining options: fresh seafood, chicken, and plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Individualized options for food allergies or restricted diets
- A beautiful setting with a view
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and appetizers
- Event reservations
- Private parties
Door to door and more.
Getting where you want to go is simple, whether it’s around the community or around the town. Our daily shuttle hits all the top spots, and there are weekly trips to the local shopping center, pharmacy, and grocery stores. When you’ve got an appointment or need to take a special trip, you can book a ride with our own car and driver, or use our Lyft concierge service. But don’t stop there: hop on the shuttle to the beach for group walks, the park, or the farmers market in true Santa Barbara foodie style.
- Scheduled transportation
- First-come, first-served basis, by request
- Free trips in a 10-mile radius
- Medical transport available
- Lyft concierge service
Get out and about to explore:
- Weekly shopping excursions
- Downtown restaurants
- Music Academy
- Walking excursions
- Beach, wharf, and parks
- Scheduled trips to museums and the Getty in L.A.
Best friends welcome.
Vista del Monte isn’t just a friendly community, it’s pet-friendly. We welcome dogs, cats, birds, and fish, and we’re home to some little animals with big hearts. Ask about our guidelines. We’re happy to chat and introduce you to some of our furry friends.
A new leash on life.
- Colorful plants and lovely flowers for sniffing
- Walkways on which to meet other furry friends
- Strolls around the friendly village
- A pedestrian-friendly downtown
Note: A pet application and fee are required
It starts with a smile.
Time and again we hear from residents that it’s the spirit of community and close friendships that surprised them the most. But we’re not surprised at all—Vista del Monte is a place full of interesting people. And it’s where new friends become old friends in no time. How does it happen? With opportunities to socialize and have fun: gatherings, activities, and resident-led clubs and groups. Hikes, chess, and cards. Volunteering and cultural opportunities also bring like minds together.
Do what you love or try something new.
- Bridge club
- Book club
- Current events
- Men’s social group
- Walking group
- Lunch Bunch
- Discussion groups
- Craft sessions
- Dance and performance groups
- Birthday parties
- Block parties
- Holiday events
Venture to local and regional hotspots:
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- Santa Barbara Symphony
- Stearns Wharf
- Old Santa Barbara Mission
- Downtown Santa Barbara
- State Street
- Chaucer’s Bookstore
Fit and feeling good.
With our renowned Fitness and Aquatic Center right on campus, there’s no better place to find all you need to be your best. From lap swimming and water volleyball to fun classes and personal training on our all-new equipment, your fitness is our focus.
- Fitness and Aquatic Center
- Certified personal trainers and lifeguards
- Indoor pool heated to 88 degrees
- Hydrotherapy pool heated to 95 degrees
- Outpatient physical therapy and occupational therapy through our partner Rehab Alliance
- Registered dietician consultations
So many ways to work out including:
- Strength training
- Lap swimming
- Water volleyball
- Aqua aerobics
- Gentle Movement class
- Water Balance class
- Yoga and Pilates
- Chair cardio and strengthening
- Chair yoga
- Keiser strength training equipment
- NuStep and CyberCycle fitness bikes
Here, lifelong learning is a class act.
Founded as a retirement community for educators, Vista del Monte is still home to many retired teachers and professors, and those who simply love learning. Our library is a jewel, with new arrivals curated by our resident library committee, and a selection of periodicals and daily papers. And with a full slate of classes and lectures from art experts and academics in history, science, and more, there’s plenty for the curious mind.
- It’s Never 2 Late (iN2L)
- Osher Lifelong Learning
- Lifelong learning classes
- Science talks
- TED talks and discussion groups
- Resource center with internet service
- Continuing education courses
- Current events class
- Writing classes
- Literature courses
- Art classes
- Music classes
- Wine tasting
State of the arts.
Vista del Monte is a place where creativity shines. At our own art studio, resident artists can create and show their work. We take frequent visits to museums and galleries—both here and in neighboring cities—and host art talks by museum docents. If you’re musically inclined, consider joining the Vista Voices, our in-house director-led choir that performs seasonal concerts. Ours is an enriching place where there are so many ways to find your creative spark.
Find your inspiration.
- Block printmaking
- Air-dry clay
- Music performances and lectures
- Vista Voices—our resident choir
- Santa Barbara Symphony
- Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts
- UCSB Arts & Lectures